Friday 6 January 2012

A girl with a bright future


Assalamualaikum w.b.t

How's it going everyone? I wish everybody is just as good as ever. Or perhaps better.

It's been a while since I last wrote here as I had a long to do list recently. Lets us put an end to this week as we all are going to have a short weekend which means no lesson plan (plan that you must do before you get into the class- for my case), no 8.00 am punch card and no meeting. 

Surely this is a good time for me to let my fingers run on this brand new Lenovo netbook. Hehe. It's smaller in size, lighter, portable and better performance compared to the old one. Of course.Well I bought this netbook when I was in Bangi last month as I had a problem with the old one. Few of you might notice that I've been carrying a big and heavy laptop bag last year with an external keyboard with it. It looks like that I'm a hacker. Actually I'm not.

Here is a picture of my S100 Lenovo
Mine is the black one. I got pretty good bargain after traded in my old laptop.
p/s: The new HP and Sony Vaio are looking better but too pricey..huhu

OK lets put that aside and concentrate on a bit serious issue which I believe should be discussed rationally. I'm talking about Amalina Che Bakri. She is the icon of students in Malaysia when she scored 17 A's in her SPM exam. Today, everything has turned upside down for her and as a person, I felt sorry for this thing to happen as she has such a huge potential to be a role model to others.



Let me make it clear here. I'm writing today neither to point my finger to anyone nor to make the issue more sensational. It's all been said by so many people through blog, tabloid and TV. I would say that's enough. Today I love to view this issue from another angle. How do we react on this issue? 

While freedom of speech is everyone's right, it does not mean that we could freely spit out our opinion without considering its reliability and consequences. What would you say when someone distributing your pictures that suppose to be kept private? Someone telling the untruth about you? Or someone love to exaggerate the story? Distributing in a way of copy into blog and spread it out.You certainly cannot tolerate on these isn't it? Eventhough deep in your heart you may find some of it to be true.

So can you get the message from them that they don't like you and you should change? No! Because the approaches used are social punishment and humiliation. So there must be ways to ease the tension of the issue. I believe it's time we stop make things more worse. We don't even know who is she in real?

First, get the fact correct. As far as I know, not everyone manage to do a double degree (conjoint degree) at the same time so being able to graduate with a medical degree plus pharmacology soon is truly extraordinary! This is what Amalina is doing at the moment. I'm happy to hear from you should you know better in this thing.

As for Amalina I hope she will realize that she's a knowledgeable person with all A's including in Pendidikan Islam. She knows what is right and what is not. No point leaving comment with rude words to her. So I believe people around her can play important role in giving advise to ensure everyone stays in a right path especially when you live in foreign countries. It's never too late to change.

As for us, we could use our freedom of speech  by writing in a blog using proper words. Don't cross the line.

I would like to stop now so I leave you all with this "Mereka pula berpesan-pesan dengan kebenaran serta berpesan-pesan dengan sabar. (Surah al-Asr:3)"


No comments:

Post a Comment