Monday 2 January 2012

Ben Carson Gifted Hands

Assalamualaikum w.b.t
How's life treating you lately? I hope everyone is fine and always happy with whatever you are doing. Love your job is one of the keys to a happy life. Everyone knows this. Well there must be something that can drive you to work happily. Mine? I know everyday is a busy day but I'll try to find a time to do something that I can enjoy, I can get rid of work. At least for a while. I'm talking about swimming to be specific. I'm very fortunate as Taiping offers a few pools for swimming.
Below are few pictures of swimming pools that you may drop by if you visit Taiping:

The above is Coronation Pool situated at the foothill of Bukit Larut. A walking distance from my school. The unique thing about this pool is they don't use chlorine water. Instead they use air bukit flows from Bukit larut itself. The pros are it's fresh and cold that rejuvenate yourself. But the cons is it's not really hygienic for those who really particular about keeping themselves clean.


Second is Burmese Pool although it's actually a waterfall. Haha. This place is best for picnic with family. I don't really recommend this place for swimming unless you just want to soak yourself and enjoy the nature around. This place is about 5 minutes driving from my school (I live inside the school for your information).


And this is my favourite one. A pool situated at Janaview Condotel. It's clean! But it comes with price as you need to pay RM5 per entry if you not a member. Nonetheless, I still could not master all the techniques in swimming. So this is gonna be one of my new years' resolution! hehe
(p/s: I got a friend who is really good swimmer. I may ask him for help..:)

Hey actually I would love to share with you all a movie that was recommended by Dr Shukri as he was here today in Taiping giving motivation to students. The movie is called Gifted Hands

This is based on a true story of Benjamin Carson, an American neurosurgeon who struggled academically before started excel in high school and become what he is today. Very inspiring movie although I didn't watch it in full. You may google him on Wiki and download the movie if you could find the source.

Ok I think that's it for now. Thanks for reading..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment